The main objective of LEAD-ME is to create a fruitful collaboration between stakeholders in the field of Media Accessibility: researchers, engineers, scholars as well as businesses and policymakers will be empowered with a common and unique platform for observing and influencing Media Accessibility, by contributing to existing standards and proposing new ones in Europe.
To achieve this, the following objectives have been identified:
- Trace the panorama and develop a roadmap for Media Accessibility across Europe.
- Host EU funded project results to offer resilience to existing solutions.
- Internationally coordinate the development of a knowledge-producing narrative on accessibility related to the multimedia sector.
- Coordination management of policy makers to standardize regulation on accessibility topics starting from UN article 21 and 30, addressing the European Union (EU) Directive on the Accessibility of Websites and Mobile Applications, the Audiovisual Media Services Directive (AVMSD) and the European Accessibility Act.
- Develop a platform to gather all accessibility information.
- Define both a professional and an academic curriculum for the next accessibility experts in Europe with the related certifications.
- Coordination of new experimentation and testing of innovative tools and technology applied to media content in an accessible way.
- Fostering knowledge exchange and development of a joint research agenda on Accessibility.
- Establish the platform where stakeholders and communities for applications on accessibility linked to the multimedia sector will meet.
- Involvement of associations of people with disabilities and other associations at a European, national and local level under the motto “nothing for us without us”.