How to apply for LEAD-ME Grants
In some cases, COST offers grants to support the LEAD ME COST Action network activities. To apply for a grant, you must create an e-COST profile and do so via the e-COST platform.
Reimbursement comes in the form of a daily allowance to cover accommodation, meals, and short distance travel. The daily amount is calculated by the country in which the event is taking place and no invoices are required.
Before applying, please consult the following information:
- Travel Reimbursement Rules (Annex 1, Article 3.1).
- Eligible expenses (Annex 1, Article 3.1.3).
- Long Distance Travel Expenses (Annex 1, Article 3.1.3.B).
Types of reimbursement:
To attend LEAD ME Meetings / Training Schools
Please note: reimbursement to MC meetings is only available to one representative per MC member/observer. The MC member/observer will decide to whom it applies.
- Before applying, please check your eligibility Article 6.4;
- You will need to have a COST account. If you don't have one, create the COST account in the e-COST platform.
- Log into your COST account in the e-COST platform.
- After logging in, select "Cost Actions" from the menu and search for the "Leading Platform for European Citizens, Industries, Academia and Policymakers in Media Accessibility" Action (CODE: CA19142).
- View the details of the LEAD-ME Action by selecting "View" after the search results.
- Select "WG Applications" from the menu, and apply to all the working groups that you are interested in joining. Don't forget to select "Save and Submit" to complete the application.
- You will receive an email confirming an application. You will receive a second email confirming your application has been accepted after the Action Leader has reviewed your application (this might take some time).
- Email the Action Leader (Dr. Pilar Orero, email@example.com) about your interest in applying. Make sure you use the email address that you used for your COST account. In the email, state your interest in joining the relevant meeting or Training School, and describe how LEAD ME is relevant to your activities.
- If your application is approved, you will receive an invitation email sent by the e-COST platform. Follow the instructions in the email to complete your application process.
Local Organiser Support (LOS)
A legal entity acting as a Local Organiser for an Action event shall be eligible to receive financial support to cover expenses carried out to organise a COST Action networking activity. This financial support takes the form of a grant referred to as Local Organiser Support. The Local Organiser Support is a financial contribution to the overall expenses related to organising approved meetings, conferences, workshops and / or Training Schools (See Annex 1, article 3.2).