LEAD ME Summer Training School UK 2022
Measuring the European Accessibility Act (EAA)
June 22-23 2022
The LEAD-ME Summer Training School UK 2022 will take place in the UK during June 22-23, 2022. The University of Salford and Google will jointly organise it. The school will offer media accessibility debates, training - specifically regarding the ways to offer accessibility services across large and small EU languages. Issues related to how to fulfil not only EAA requirements regarding quality and quantity of services, but also quality of experience. The aim is to work towards capacity building and preparedness for the full deployment of the EAA in 2025.
Lectures and workshops will be organized following this line of research.
Participants will be invited to take part in a series of talks and workshops.
We invite participants from the industry, broadcasters, media producers, media distributors, academia, both early-career researchers and seasoned researchers who are interested in the deployment of the EAA.
The Summer Training school will be a hybrid event, with the option to participate both face-to-face and online. It is free of charge, but requires pre-registration. Some scholarships are available from LEAD ME to cover travelling and accomodation. The max number of participants is 40, and the places will be on a first come first served basis.
How to apply for the Summer School
- Before applying, please check your eligibility according to the instructions provided in the How to apply for LEAD-ME Grants page.
- You will need to have a COST account. If you don't have one, create the COST account in the e-COST platform.
- Log into your COST account in the e-COST platform.
- After logging in, select "Cost Actions" from the menu and search for the "Leading Platform for European Citizens, Industries, Academia and Policymakers in Media Accessibility" Action (CODE: CA19142).
- View the details of the LEAD-ME Action by selection "View" after the search results.
- Select "WG Applications" from the menu, and apply to all the working groups that you are interested in joining. Don't forget to select "Save and Submit" to complete the application.
- You will receive an email confirming an application. You will receive a second email confirming your application has been accepted after the Action Leader has reviewed your application (this might take some time).
- Email the Action Leader (Dr. Pilar Orero, firstname.lastname@example.org) about your interest in applying. Make sure you use the email address that you used for your COST account. In the email, state your interest in joining the Summer School, and describe how the European Accessibility Act is relevant for your activities.
- If your application for the Summer School is approved, you will receive an invitation email sent by the e-COST platform. Follow the instructions in the email to complete your application process.